I was nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award by Tana from Debt Free Forties. Her blog is geared toward personal finance and lifestyle, where she discusses ways to pay off debt and offers genuine insight.
She also offers budgeting tips and a list of apps she has personally used to help reduce costs. Honestly, I like to save money and I love that she’s not lecturing; ideas and solutions posted are ones she has tried. If you’re looking for ways to curb your spending and get above debt, check her site out. Seriously, she has superb advice!
I’m positively over the moon with this recognition. Thank you, Tana, for the nomination!
For those unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, you can find info and the Official rules here.
Tana selected ten questions for her nominees and here are my answers. Enjoy!
- What drove you to start a blog? I ask myself this question every day 😀 Honestly, I just love reading and writing and I wanted to share that passion with others.
- How long have you been blogging? Oh goodness. I’m terrible with chronological anythings! I believe Ravenous For Reads has been active for a little over a year.
- What’s the one piece of advice you’d give other newbie bloggers? Be yourself and write whatever the hell you want 🙂 Too often, we get caught up in what everyone else is doing. Just do what you’re most interested in. People will appreciate it 🙂
- Which is your favorite social media and why? Twitter! I think it’s my favorite because I’ve met so many bloggers and amazing writers on there.
- If you had to pick a secondary topic to start another blog on, what would it be? Food, travel, photography, environmental issues. . . Honestly, I would probably create a Nerdy Lifestyle type of blog.
- Do you work most on your blog in the morning or evening? It depends on time, topic, my mood, and whether it’s a priority. On days when I have college and work, I might work on it in the morning when I know I’ll have more time. Of course, I’d have to get out of bed first lol
- What’s your most favorite part of blogging? Sharing. Writing amazing content that excites me and then discovering others who share in that feeling.
- What’s your least favorite part of blogging? When I find my template prevents me from doing something really cool 😛 Having to blog consistently, even on days I’m not feeling up to it. I call it a “blogging bog”. These suck.
- What are your hopes for your blog in one year? I hope to attract readers and to increase our interactions. Book blogs have such a rough time because we’re niche focused, but I hope my content will offer a little something to everyone.
- Where’s the best vacation spot you’ve ever been to? (I had to throw one non-blog question in there!) Paris….gosh, I miss Paris, France. It was beautiful!
Ten Completely Random Facts About Me:
This part is completely optional, but I’m doing it because it’s fun
- Sweeter Place by Svrcina has been in my mind all day long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moktOF7f_8k
- My favorite colors right now are teal and gray
- I am a RAVENCLAW. My husband is a Huffl-slyth <3
- My pronoun is she/her.
- Fall & Winter are my favorite seasons.
- I’m a poet and I like to show it.
- Hot chocolate and tea are my comfort sips.
- I listen to Welsh choir music when no one’s watching.
- All my socks are black. I don’t know why, but I can’t do white socks.
- I’m an Altoids addict.
BLOG LOVE: NOMINEES
Anita at Anitakushwaha
Donna at The Untitled Book Blog
Savannah at The Book Prophet
Raven at Life of a Raven
Eden at The Write Books Blog
Erik at Break Even Books
Q&A FOR MY NOMINEES
- Do you judge a book by its cover or give the blurb the benefit of doubt?
- What are you reading at the moment?
- If you could only take one book with you, what would it be?
- This one is a two-part question: Favorite villain? Favorite hero?
- What do you enjoy most about blogger?
- What’s your blogging routine like?
- When did you begin your blog and where do you hope to take it?
- Tea, coffee, or cocoa?
- Hardback or paperback?
- If you could visit anywhere in the universe, in or out of time, parallel or present, where would it be?
- You’re going on an epic adventure to save the world. Name two characters who would help you succeed.
- What’s your favorite word?
NOMINEES, please be sure to comment whether you accept or not. If so, please be sure to post with your answers to the above questions. There’s a link to the Liebster Award site with instructions. I loved all of your blogs and can’t wait to read your posts 🙂