Happy Sunday, Ravenous Readers! This week I was nominated by Dee Jackson of MyDeeDeesDiary for the 2017 Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you for this amazing opportunity, Dee. It made my day!
If you get the chance, check out her blog. It’s worth a peek 🙂 A massive thanks to my subscribers, too, who continue to be voices of encouragement, a merry band of book nerds, and creative motivators. You’re my bookish family and Ravenous for Reads would be starving without you. So, thank you <3
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award (BRA) is a celebration of YOU from the blogging community. Through acknowledging blogs for their dedication, the community encourages growth. The BRA gives exposure to lesser known bloggers and promotes interaction across all platforms.
It’s the equivalent of standing on a roof and shouting to the city below, “You should be reading this blog. It’s awesome!”
How Ravenous for Reads Began:
Once upon a time, I was sick of doing everything except writing. One day, I was in Nursing school, a miserable girl convinced I’d been sucked into a reboot of Dante’s Inferno. The next day, I quit and started Ravenous for Reads.
My Advice for New Bloggers:
- Don’t be afraid to interact with other bloggers. This might sound like common sense, but you’d be surprised how many bloggers don’t network. Socializing with fellow bloggers is a HUGE advantage.
- Add visuals and videos. Humans thrive on pictures, colors, and designs. We can’t help deviating to have a look at something that stands out. So use visuals and videos to capture your audience’s attention. Resource: I use Canva to create my visuals. Give it a whirl!
I picked you because your blogs are amazing. Because they are thoughtful, genuine, authentic, beautiful, and a whole bunch of other words that would be pretentious to jot down. Thank you for creating a unique space and for sharing your voice with the #blogosphere.
- Nicholas Rinth
- Ravenclaw Book Club
- Maddy’s Digital Diary
- Adventures of a Bibliophile
- Lyndsey Hall Blog
- David Snape
- A Book. A Thought.
- Brilliantly Bookish Site
- Kristin Kraves Books
- Katie Passion Fruit
- Book Enchanted Blog
- Wander Summer
- This Is Lit Blog
Rules of the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10-15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and give the link to the post you created.