Thanks to my love affair with Sleeping At Last’s latest releases, I’m inspired.
This week, I want to explore the senses: smell, taste, touch, sight, and hearing. I won’t overwhelm you with them all this week but I can promise interesting ways to say “smells nice” and “that’s stinky”.
- Aromatic (adj.) – pleasant and distinctive smell.
- Briny (adj.) – salty water smell, like the sea.
- Rank (adj.) – strong aroma, a bad smell; not soft or fresh.
- Ambrosial (adj.) – a succulent sweet smell; divine and fragrant.
- Piquant (adj.) – a tangy, zingy smell; strong odor that tickles the nose.
- Gamy (adj.) – tangy smell like grass, woods, and wild herbs; rich, wet, ripe scent.
Other Wordy Wednesdays to Check Out: